January 04, 2021

...a precocious book challenge (2020 edition)


Happy New Year!

I trust you're all as drained and exhausted as I.

For me, January is a clean slate. It's for new beginning, setting goals and starting new projects. All of which can be very exciting, but can often be a cause of stress and turmoil for me when I quickly realise I've taken on too much, or aimed to high.
I hate proving myself wrong and having to admit that I over-reached. However, sometimes I do manage to hit my target, and that is exactly what happened in 2020 when I set myself some challenges, one of which was to complete my precocious, self-inflicted 50 BOOK CHALLENGE; the one I've been chasing my tail to keep up with all year long!

Well, I did it. 50 books in 52 weeks (the books that are *starred* are those that I've reviewed on this blog, just in case you want to check them out!)

book one:
Little Women by Louise-May Alcott

book two:
The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall

book three:
The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse by Charley Mackesy

book four:
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

book five:
Home Work: A Memoir of my  Hollywood Years by Julie Andrews

book six:
Stormtide by Den Patrick

book seven:
*The Starless Sea* by Erin Morgenstern

book eight:
Girl of Ink and Stars by Kiran Millwood Hardgrave

book nine: 
Popular Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen

book ten: 
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

book eleven:
Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett

book twelve: 
The Catcher in the Rye by J. D Salinger

book thirteen:
The Savage Garden by Mark Mills

book fourteen: 
*The Deathless Girls* by Kiran Millwood Hargrave

book fifteen:
Bambi by Felix Salten

book sixteen:
Sheltering Rain by Jojo Moyes

book seventeen:
Morning Glory on the Vine (early songs and drawings) by Joni Mitchell

book eighteen: 
The Sea Sisters by Lucy Clarke

book nineteen:
*The Spirit in the Crypt* by Alexander Lound

book twenty: 
*The Burned House* by Alexander Lound

book twenty-one:
The Darling Buds of May by H.E Bates

book twenty-two: 
*The Mercies* by Kiran Millwood  Hargrave

book twenty-three: 
Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs

book twenty-four: 
*Looking Glass* by Christina Henry

book twenty-five: 
Grandmother by Salley Vickers

book twenty-six: 
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt

book twenty-seven:
The Axeman's Jazz by Ray Celestin

book twenty-eight: 
A Map of Days by Ransom Rigss

book twenty-nine:
Snow, Glass, Apples by Neil Gaiman

book thirty: 
The Masked City by Genevieve Cogman

book thirty-one: 
The Burning Page by Genevieve Cogman

book thirty-two:
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

book thirty-three: 
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

book thirty-four: 
Roof Toppers by Katherine Rundell

book thirty-five: 
*The Familiars* by Stacey Halls

book thirty-six: 
The Lost Plot by Genevieve Cogman

book thirty-seven: 
Aladdin translated by Yasmine Seale

book thirty-eight:
Dumplin' by Julie Murphy

book thirty-nine: 
*Piranesi* by Susanna Clarke

book forty: 
The Conference of the Birds by Ransom Riggs

book forty-one:
*The Foundling* by Stacey Halls

book forty-two: 
The Thornthwaite Inheritance by Gareth P Jones

book forty-three: 
Tales of Terror and Fantasy by Edgar Allan Poe

book forty-four: 
*Cinderella is Dead* by Kalynn Bayron

book forty-five: 
*The Doors of Riverdell* by Marianne Rosen

book forty-six:
*The Magpie Society* by Zoe Sugg & Amy McColloch

book forty-seven: 
Four Tales by Phillip Pullman

book forty-eight:
*Havenfall* by Sara Holland

book forty-nine:
Miracle on 34th Street by Valentine Davies

book fifty:
Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

Phew!
I'm not tempting fate and vowing to read 50 books this year, too, but I might partake in the #21booksin2021 challenge that I've seen floating around social media! Seems do-able, right?

Let me know if you have any reading goals, or New Years resolutions for 2021! Happy reading!

Zuzu 🖋

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how amazing that you read 50 books!! Well done indeed 😊 I am also doing the #21booksin2021 challenge, which will be a real challenge for me. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And good luck to you! Thank you for reading x

      Delete