January 21, 2020

...a precocious book challenge (2019 edition)

Welcome back, or, if you're only just finding me, welcome to my humble blog.

Having introduced myself, and hopefully intrigued you with my first blog instalment, I find myself wanting to remain mysterious for one more week, and instead present to you the results of my 2019 precocious FIFTY BOOK CHALLENGE.

This was a challenge I have only myself to blame for, having set it at the start of 2019 after realising how few books I consumed the previous year.

Fifty seemed like a good round number. Ambitious, but achievable. But I was wrong. For the logistics of this challenge are of course that there are only fifty-two weeks in a year, meaning I had to read a book per week, an impossibility when your schedule is as erratic as mine.

And so, I regret to put before you...my triumphant failure, and the confession that I am stubborn enough to have set myself the same ridiculous challenge for 2020! (I'll keep you posted)

Below are the thirty-five books I successfully managed to read in 2019:

1. Wee Free Men by Terry  Pratchett

2. A Hat Full of Sky by Terry Pratchett

3. The Heir of Night by Helen Lowe

4. The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking Series) by Patrick Ness

5. The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking Series) by Patrick Ness

6. Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking Series) by Patrick Ness

7. Witchsign by Den Patrick

8. The Light Between Worlds by Laura E. Weymouth

9. Caraval (Caraval: book one) by Stephanie Garber

10. Legendary (Caraval: book two) by Stephanie Garber

11. Finale (Caraval: book three) by Stephanie Garber

12. The Winter Palace by Eva Stachniak

13. The Invisible Library by Geneviere Cogman

14. The Taxidermists Daugher by Kate Mosse

15. The Witches Daughter by Paula Brackston

16. Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Graceling Realm book one)

17. Fire by Kristin Cashore (Graceling Realm book two)

18. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore ( Graceling Realm book three)

19. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton

20. The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories by Charlotte Perkins Gilman

21. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (book one)

21. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (book two)

23. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor (book three)

24. Capricorn - the art of living by your star sign by Sally Kirkman

25. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire

26. The Girl in Red by Christina Henry

27. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Page

28. The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Page

29. The Traveling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa

30. The Birds and Other Stories by Daphne du  Maurier

31. The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert

32. The Beast's Heart by Leife Shallcross

33. Five Feet Apart by Rachel Lippincott

34. Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman

35. The Way Past Winter by Kiran Millwood Hardgrave


I thoroughly recommend them all!
~ Zuzu


Psssst…
find me on Facebook @zuzuspages
https://www.facebook.com/zuzuspages/

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant blog and amazing that you read that many books, I know you will reach your goal this year. Love your writing style too, very engaging 💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it, that means a lot!

      Delete
  2. I have no reading ambition... 35 is like a 20 year goal for me ha! good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) even if it takes 100 years, I don't think it matters, just as long as you find books you enjoy. And if not, there are so many other forms of story telling out there, it doesn't always have to come out of a book x

      Delete